The Pros and Cons of Using NZ Dollars in Online Casinos
In the early 2000s, many online casinos only used US dollars when they first opened for the New Zealand market. It became quite challenging for Kiwi casino players since foreign exchange rates always fluctuated. This soon changed as more online casino operators started accepting NZ dollars.
Nowadays, more online casino operators are accepting NZ dollars especially as more Kiwis try online casinos. And in this post, we will discuss the pros and cons of using NZ dollars for online gambling.
Advantages of Using NZ Dollar
There are several benefits of using NZ dollars when playing at online gambling sites.
- Knowing the value of the dollar – For one, players know how far their NZ dollar will go, particularly how much they are spending for deposits and the exact gameplay they'll get from the deposit amount. Typically, players using other currencies end up spending more because of dollar conversion miscalculations.
- No hidden costs – Players are spared from paying the exchange rates costs. At a glance, these fees seemed small but when you add them all together then the amount becomes significant. And since exchange rates fluctuate, there will be many times when players will be paying more for their bets because of the changing value of the currencies.
- Convenience – Managing both the deposit and withdrawal is a lot more convenient when you use NZ dollars. You get to skip the task of checking the value of the New Zealand dollar or the other currency like the US dollar for the day and computing how much gameplay your NZ dollar can get you.Simply put, using NZ dollars means doing away with tedious fund conversions or calculations.
The Cons of Using NZ dollars
There are also some downsides to using NZ dollars on online gambling sites.
- May not be accepted – While more online gambling sites are accepting NZ dollars, there are still some that don't. Plus, some payment methods like e-wallets and other alternative banking methods also cannot support this currency.
- No higher game value despite weak NZ$ – Now and then, the NZ dollar, much like other currencies, will be weak, but you are unable to capitalize on this weakness in your online casino gaming. This, however, is a minor downside to using the NZ dollar for online gambling.
Banking Options with NZ Dollar
Aside from offering NZ dollar options online casinos offer plenty of payment methods to ensure convenience for Kiwi players. As such, you can use some of these popular payment options.
It's a prepaid card that lets players deposit to their online casino accounts anonymously. It's easy and safe to use.
This is one of the popular payment options among Kiwi casino players because of its convenience and reliability.
Created especially for the New Zealand and Australian markets, this digital wallet lets players put money into casino accounts using funds from their local banks. It's a dependable, fast, and safe payment option.
It's not surprising to see many Kiwi casino players opting to use NZ dollars for online gambling. But much like other currencies or payment methods, using NZ dollars has its upsides and downsides. As a player, you need to weigh these carefully before choosing this currency over others.
Starting as a typical gambler, I was interested in how the industry works. And now, for more than 10 years, I see myself as a gambling expert. After trying out more than 500 pokies, I'm ready to share my insights and tell you what you need to look at to get a good gaming experience.